If you opted for, or if your rate includes Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Theft Protection (TP), you may also wish to purchase an additional protection, "SuperCover", to waive or further reduce your already limited liability in case of damage to, or theft of the Hertz vehicle , including those losses resulting from collision, vandalism, theft or attempted theft, provided the vehicle is used in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Rental Agreement.
Please note the terms and conditions and limitations below which apply to SuperCover.
SuperCover does not cover:
- Accessories you rent in addition to the vehicle (e.g. Hertz NeverLost and other portable navigation units, portable WiFi units, child seats, etc.). You will be charged for replacement of these items if they are lost or damaged for any reason.
- Removable parts of the vehicle if they are missing at time of return such as keys and key fobs, luggage covers and nets, charging cables for PHEV or EV’s, warning vests and triangles, SD GPS cards, spare wheels, tools and tyre inflation devices, 1st aid boxes, fire extinguishers, etc. You will be charged for replacement of these items unless the vehicle was involved in an accident or third party theft.
Please note your liability for damage to, or loss of, the vehicle will not be waived or reduced in the following circumstances and you will remain liable for the full loss and/or damage:
- where you or the authorised driver are in breach of your obligations under the Rental Agreement (your attention is particularly drawn to the Rental Restrictions section of the Rental Terms);
- if the loss or damage is caused intentionally;
- if the driver was not authorised by Hertz as the main or additional driver; or
- if the main or the additional driver is negligent (for example failure to assess the vehicle’s height, driving on unsuitable road conditions, improper use of the vehicle, contribution to damage to/theft of the vehicle) and in particular, but not limited to, the following circumstances:
- Striking overhead or overhanging objects;
- Driving into a barrier that is too low for the vehicle to pass beneath;
- Driving into a barrier in a car park before it fully opens;
- Driving on a road in bad condition without due care resulting in damage to the undercarriage;
- Driving on a beach causing damage by salt water and/or sand;
- Driving through flooded roads causing damage to the engine;
- Putting wrong fuel in the vehicle or otherwise contaminating the fuel;
- Damage occurring as a result of ignoring a warning light;
- Burning a clutch (which requires persistent ill use) or using the handbrake incorrectly;
- Damage to the wheel rim caused by driving with a flat tyre;
- Fitting unauthorised objects to the interior or exterior of the vehicle;
- Carrying especially dirty or smelly materials that require extra cleaning costs or that damage or burn the interior;
- Damage resulting from locking the keys in the vehicle or losing the keys;
- Damage resulting from leaving the windows open;
- Loss of the vehicle caused by failure to use the anti-theft system (if provided);
- Loss of the vehicle when you are unable to return the key.
SuperCover is not available for customers on business contract rate rentals unless there is a CDP code present that indicates that this option is applicable.
SuperCover is not available for the following vehicle groups:
(A5) Porsche Boxster 718
(C5) Porsche Cayenne S
(D5) R. Rover Sport Supercharged
(E5) Audi R8 Spider
(F5) Bentley GTC Speed
(G5) Porsche 992 4S
(H5) Audi Q7 TDI Quattro
(I5) Mercedes V Class Extra LWB
(J5) Porsche Panamera 4S
(K5) Land Rover Range Rover Velar
(L5) R. Rover Autobiography LWB
(X5) Mercedes C63 AMG
Commercial vans and trucks
SuperCover is offered in most locations. It is not included in the rental rate but can be purchased for the additional amount shown in the reservation and booking process or quoted at the counter at the time of pick up. You can book SuperCover online but it is payable at the counter at the time of pick up.
. © 2018 The Hertz Corporation. All Rights Reserved.